Some just an hour or two away, some a little further afield, all made with couples in mind for the ultimate in romantic, Valentine’s escapes. Whether you’ve got money to burn or want a wallet friendly treat for your other half, get organised now with our Purple 10 of Valentine’s holidays and give the gift of love in 2013.
Image via @ Kewl
- Passion in Prague A stylish city, with plenty to keep couples entertained. From the huge castle that provides the backdrop to the city, to the tiny streets made for getting lost in. The Buddha Bar Hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of the city, offering a special couples break, with luxury car transfers, champagne and strawberries on arrive and private Jacuzzi use just for two.
- Heat things up in Hedonism II Jamaica’s Hedonism II Resort on Negril Beach has seen guests whipping off their kit and just letting go since it opened. An all inclusive sunshine break, it prides itself on breaking inhibitions and encouraging all sorts of no-good behaviour from beach to bar.
- The city that never sleeps Over-the-top brunch, swooning in Central Park or some serious art at MOMA New York is the perfect couples’ city that never sleeps. To top it off, we love a night time trip up Rockefeller Centre, usually less crowded than its famous neighbour; you’ll have the views and your partner all to yourself as you breathe in the famous city lights of the New York skyline. Stay at the Soho Grand Hotel, where they’ll provide you with a spicy Agent Provocateur game of charades, champagne on arrival and late checkout.
- Hot tubs for hot times We’re talking secluded cabins with their own hot tubs, watching the northern lights from underneath a reindeer blanket and generally the most romantic time you can get in 10-below temperatures. Head for Iceland for a Valentine’s break with a difference.
- The big gesture A little bit further away, but well worth it, the Andronis Luxury Suites on the Greek island of Santorini is something really special. Think decadent surroundings, some of the best views in the world, secluded rooms with their own hot tubs, they mean romance and this time it’s serious.
- Lovers in the sunshine Don’t breathe a word, but we’re revealing a big secret with the Hotel Palacioblanco in Spain. A great budget break in an 18th century Palace a few minutes’ drive from Malaga Airport, it has just eight rooms, around a courtyard, with wrought iron beds and even a little swimming pool.
- Where Romeo met Juliet Verona is the scene where Shakespeare’s most famous star crossed lovers first met. With sweet nothings floating on the breeze, the historic city is perfect for hand in hand sunset strolls, late night candlelit meals and recreating that spark of your first meeting. We love the Il Sogno di Giulietta which overlooks the famous balcony.
- City of Light Paris and romance go together like chips and gravy, so it’s hard to beat the city of light for the ultimate in Valentine’s escapes. A quick check in at One by the Five Hotel and you’re slap bang in the middle of lovers territory. It’s in the middle of the Latin Quarter with jazz bars and clubs dotted around. The hotel is a step up from the ordinary which prides itself as a place for love encounters.
- British bolt holes About as remote as it gets, the House Over-By, in Scotland is perfect for whisking away your other half so it’s just the two of you. Perched on the North West corner of the Isle of Skye, it’s just over the road from the well known Three Chimneys Restaurant, so you can emerge from your little slice of secluded luxury just in time for the delicious dinner menu.
- Love yourself Of course there is still plenty to treat singles who want to feel the romance. How about a singles holidays where you can meet new people, lounge by the pool or take an adventurous ride through the desert? A Nile Cruise is the perfect way to see the frankly stunning surrounds of Egypt and maybe get a little romantic while you’re at it.
Book your cheap romantic holiday with the experts at PurpleTravel.co.uk today for a getaway to remember.