The kids are back to school, full season is nearly over, now is the time to get some of the best possible deals for cheap September holidays. Enjoy our Purple Travel guide to cheap September holidays and save money on your next break.
1. Paphos, Cyprus: Average temperature in September 31 0C. Cyprus in September is still hot enough to enjoy dreamy days on the beach or swim a lap around the infamous Aphrodite’s Rock.
2. Antalya, Turkey Average temperature in September 32 0C. The ‘gateway to the Turkish Riviera’ offers a wonderful clutch of beaches along the coast and loads of bars, clubs and restaurants as well as the famous Efes beer. Image via @ Burntime
3. Tunis, Tunisia Average temperature in September 32 0C. Enjoy a taste of North Africa, with the souks, medinas, salt lakes and beaches that make Tunis holidays in September unforgettable. Image via @ WomEOS
4. Valletta, Malta Average temperature in September 28 0C. The island’s capital is tiny – only 1km – but there’s plenty to see and do. Stroll down baroque-influenced streets, and wander narrow cobble-lined lanes or hop on the Sliema Ferry and work on your tan on the rocks. Remember, Valletta itself isn’t filled with sandy beaches, but makes a good base for discovering more. Image via @ Britrob
5. Cagliari, Sardinia Average temperature in September 28 0C. It might be an overused phrase, but Cagliari really is a hidden European holiday gem. Go to Sardinia in September for pristine beaches and the best in local food and wine. Image via @ Pierluigi Marini
6. Crete, Greece Average temperature in September 27 0C. Greece holidays are always a good idea, so consider Crete for a September getaway. It’ll be a little quieter then after the crowds have left, but temperatures are still high, and the beaches are to-die-for. Chania has an historical old town and a pick of Blue Flag beaches, not to mention that famous Greek hospitality. Image via @ Sandro Mancuso
7. Faro, Portugal Average temperature in September 27 0C. Direct flights to Faro make September holidays a very convenient choice. Nearby Albufeira or Lagos offer long, quiet, sandy beaches, with reliably good September weather and delicious fresh fish taverns. Image via @ Alexander Savin
8. Las Palmas, Gran Canaria Average temperature in September 27 0C. Las Palmas is the bustling island’s capital and although busy offers an ocean of calm (pun intended) on the nearby fine beaches of Playa de las Alcaravaneres or Playa de las Canteras. Quieter in September, it’s a good time to grab a bargain September Canaries holiday. Image via @ Juan Ramon Rodriguez Sosa
9. Marseille, France Average temperature in September 26 0C. Marseille September holidays are The perfect way to ease gently into winter. One of France’s oldest and most beautiful cities, it has near-constant sunshine and sandy beaches as well as a vibrant port, and world-class galleries and museums. Image via @ Wafi Choudhury
10. Bratislava, Slovakia Average temperature in September 23 0C. Slovakia’s capital city is idea if you’re looking for a cheap September stag or hen holiday. Not only is the city beautiful, with a fairytale quality, but the melting pot city offers an unrivaled choice of restaurants bars, hotels or apartments as well as decent September temperatures. Image via @ photonel