Feeling a little inspired by all the action at the Winter Olympics Sochi 2014 and want to give snowboarding or skiing a go? How about simply settling in for an evening of apres-ski? What do you mean you’re not really bothered with skiing? Filled with warming gluhwein and cosy sweaters, or maybe it’s an alternative music festival you’re after? We’ve got the best late deals for 2014 ski holidays right now for whatever type of ski break you’re looking for.
- Val Thorens in France is easily one of the most popular ski resorts right now, but did you know it’s the tallest in Europe? Fly from various UK airports and soak up the high altitude and guaranteed snow of this 2,300 m high resort. The resort has over 200 separate runs and 43 mountain restaurants. Val Thorens is a great choice for 2014 ski holidays.
- For families, Pas de la Casa in Andorra has a whole range of child-friendly hotels and chalets including kid’s clubs and discounts for under eights. There’s a big emphasis on childcare, nanny services and schools to get the kids skiing early.
- The Bulgarian Mountain ski resorts are ideal for beginners. Go all inclusive in Bansko or Pamporovo and save money as you test your mettle on the snowy slopes set amidst pine forests. There are excellent English speaking schools and a real focus on family in Bulgaria ski resorts.
- It’s all about Apres-ski in the amusingly named Ischgl, Austria. Ok, not only about that, it offers excellent skiing too, but you can be sure you’ll have a fantastic time in Ischgl which has an unrivalled range of bars right in the centre of town. This is the kind of apres-ski where you commit to beer and drink into the wee hours. It’s a sweaty, people-packed mess of apple schnapps-flavoured fun.
- Enjoy the high life in the Swiss Alps in a picture perfect resort like Grindelwald. A good choice for intermediate level skiers there are 213 km of piste with plenty of runs and good off-piste. The longest run is a decent 15k. Click here for our latest Purple Travel ski holidays to Grindelwald, Switzerland.
- Easter is very late this year, Sunday April 20th, so 2014 ski holidays are something of a gamble with the weather. However, for guaranteed snowy conditions go to Dubai. Yes, you read that right. The sprawling city has the world’s first indoor black run and a snowball gallery and 22,500 square metres of dedicated ski resort inside one the Mall of the Emirates, one of the biggest in the world.
- We love cheap and cheerful in Slovenia in Bled or Kranjska, where the Julian Alps boast wild runs, the black pistes of the Podkoren Mountains, kids clubs and gentle nursery slopes. There’s decent nightlife too in Papa Joes or the some of the restaurants and very good value for money on coffee, beers and menus.
- For luxury ski holidays, book a gorgeous chalet in Val d’Isere in France, one of the most prestigious resorts in Europe. These chalets offer indoor private pools, personal butlers, designer surroundings and stunning views, as well as all the ski services and amenities you could ask on your 2014 ski holidays.
- Morzine in France is a snowboarders paradise, with dedicated schools and a full on reputation as a winter favourite. It makes a good last minute choice, as it’s too low for glacier practice in the summer, so book now for the best 2014 ski holidays.
- Mix up some time on the slopes with some very cool sounds at Snowbombing. Mayrhofen, Austria hosts the Snowbombing festival 2014 from April 7-12th with the likes of the Prodigy, Carlo Cox, Four Tet, Chase and Status and DJ sets from the Chemical Brothers and Groove Armada.
For cheap ski holidays right now, visit Purple Travel online or call us now on 0207 993 9228.