Arid Lanzarote is one of the volcanically formed Canary Islands off the coast of West Morocco. Well known for its year-long good weather and magnificent beaches, the volcanic landscape has a lot more to offer if you decide to visit. In this Article we take a few moments to explore five of the most interesting things to do during your holidays in Lanzarote keeping you relatively off the beaten path and providing you with some marvelous sights during your stay. If you ever get tired of sunbathing on any of the sunny beaches the island is known for, rest assured that our guide will reward you with some of the most amazing sights!
Who doesn’t love slip-sliding about and releasing your inner child? Is there a better place to do that than in a them park or water park? We don’t think so. Impress your kids this year with all the facts about these extremely cool water parks for 2014 and don’t forget to tell us if we’ve missed one of your favourite water parks in the comments below.
1. Tropical Islands Resort, Krausnick, Germany. The largest indoor water park in the world, Tropical Islands is in a former zeppelin hangar, complete with rainforest, palm trees, birdsong and artificial sun.
2. Siam Park, Tenerife. Perhaps one of the best known water parks in Europe, Siam Park, the Water Kingdom is home to a Tower of Power which is a 28 metre plunge, the zero gravity Dragon experience, the 200 metre mega slide the Kinnaree and the Sawasdee, a great choice for families: it’s a mini version of the grown up rides especially for kids.
If you’re planning a holiday this year and prefer to relax in a child-free environment then you’ll enjoy this Purple Travel guide to the best adult only hotels in Tenerife and throughout the Canary Islands. Designed and built with over 18s in mind, these adult on hotels Tenerife and throughout the Canaries focus on beautiful surroundings, choice of dining options, range of luxury facilities and excellent service and attention to detail. Enjoy the Purple 10 adult only hotels Tenerife & Canary Islands – and remember! For more information or to book any adult only hotels Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote or Gran Canaria, talk to the expert team at Purple Travel on 0207 993 9228.
Purple 10 hotel water slides. Looking to impress the kids, while relaxing in a luxury hotel? Look no further than this selection of hotel waterslides – the hotel part for you, the waterslide for the kids!
Image via @ bali.hardrockhotels.net
1. Hard Rock Bali, Kuta, Bali
Being the first Hard Rock hotel in Bali, Kuta beach, this property has been decorated in a 50’ style. Note, that the hotel features the biggest swimming pool all over Bali, 22 suites and a wide selection of waterslides to keep youngsters busy!
Image via @ luxurylaunches.com
2. Atlantis, The Palm- Dubai, UAE
Arm yourself with courage in case you wish to try a high-speed drive in the infamous “Poseidon’s Tower” waterslide, diving 9 floors down ending up in an underwater aquarium-tube with sharks and stingrays.
Image via @ www.marriott.com
2. Scorpion’s Tail, at Noah’s Ark Water Park, Wisconsin, USA. This one tops 400ft and is ten storeys high. Yikes! Image via @ Noah’s Ark Water Park.
3. ‘The Finest and most Fearsome’ Summit Plummit at Disney’s Blizzard Beach®, is a whopping 120 feet tall, and you’ll whoosh right through it at 60 miles per hour. Image via @ GoFlorida.
4. The delightfully named Jumeira Sceirah in Wild Wadi in Dubai tops 120 metres and sends riders 80km/h through twists and turns. Image via @ Jumeirah.com.
4. The Cliffhanger Speed Slide at Schlitterbahn in Texas, USA. A traditional Ride and drop, this is built for speed. Image via @ Schlitterbahn.
5. Leap of Faith at the Atlantis Palm in Dubai, 90 ft high. Image via @ Neekohfi.
7. This epic mudslide in New Zealand! (Sorry, it was only open for two days for charity.) Image via here.