Holidays. The time that everyone longs for and everyone remembers. Packing your bags, leaving work and manic routine behind and leaving for a sunnier or at least different setting could provide you with experiences and fun that you wouldn’t even come close to otherwise. Anyone would love a holiday escape as much as the next person, however, when thinking of travelling, one of the things that immediately jumps to mind is budget. Budget can make or break a holiday as we all might be aware, however there’s no need to break the bank in order to embark on a new, exciting adventure. Here we have 10 of the best places to go to if you are after leaving the known world behind you and keeping your wallet happy.
Is your budget tight? Then why not go for cheap holidays in Tenerife? As a sunny destination, Tenerife is generally more affordable in comparison to the Mediterranean islands but at the same time all that fun and maybe more, if you make good use of your hard earned money! In this guide we present you with our favourite tips on saving and working on your tan while having sunny, cheap holidays in Tenerife!
As most visitors will attest, Ibiza is the sunny clubbing capital of Europe. However as flocks of tourists swarm on the island during high season it isn’t exactly the cheapest place to be. The megaclubs and activities on offer are various and far beyond and you can blow remarkable budgets away without even noticing. That is if you don’t have a plan! How to have cheap holidays in Ibiza you say? The solutions are numerous and besides getting sponsored or robbing a bank, we give you the 5+1 top sun baked and proven ways to live the party your way without becoming totally broke!
The sunny and warm Mediterranean island of Majorca is famed for its white sand beaches, medieval landmarks and luxurious hotels, attracting a large number of tourists each year. Being a part of Spain though gives it the unavoidable and oh so tasty feat of also having a great cuisine! Since holidays in Majorca never last long enough, we have compiled 5 of the essential local dishes and produce that you absolutely have to try when you visit! Most of the treats on offer can also be brought back home for refreshing your memory of your holidays in Majorca! Read More
A beer for under £2, a balmy evening and crumbling, atmospheric surroundings. Is this the perfect place ever for a bar? Welcome to the “Ruin Bars” of Budapest. Formerly a semi-legal set up, nowadays the Drinking District is one of the top must-dos on your next city break to Budapest.
Legend has it these bars first came into existence in the early 2000s, when a group of young guys were on the hunt for cheap places to drink and these homemade bars were first brought into existence. This is more or less how it works: derelict buildings are transformed with mismatched chairs. Gardens provide sunny terraces in the summer, with odd bits and pieces doubling up as furniture – one bar has a car instead of a table. Donated art gatecrashes the walls and a healthy dose of cigarette smoke and ten foot tall graffiti stains the walls; this is the real deal.
There’s a real community spirit around the Ruin Bars and the patrons range from retirees stopping by for a coffee, to university students on the hunt for a great bar. Here’s our pick of the best ruin bars Budapest. If you’ve got any more suggestions, we’d love to hear them in comments!
Buckle up! The experts at Purple Travel have put together this list of the best budget stag and hen do ideas. Call our dedicated stag and hen do team on 0207 993 9228 for more.
For the stag
1. Prague Home to a weird, wacky stag party with the best in cheap beers, beer bikes and beer baths. The Czech capital is one of the hottest stag destinations, it’s not only a beautiful city, but is a good laugh and great value too.
2. Benidorm The classic Stag do, Benidorm holds its own with lap dance clubs, some of the best superclubs you’ll visit in your life, and days of karting or boozing on the beach all at decent prices.
3. Amsterdam It’s hard to pick a more classic stag do choice than the Dutch city of Amsterdam for a stag party to remember (or forget.) The Red Light District is filled with beautiful women, the bars are great and there’s plenty of culture if that’s your bag too.
4. Barcelona A bit of footie at the Nou Camp, a few cervezas on the Ramblas por favor and the hottest Spanish senoritas, Barcelona ticks all the boxes for a great cheap stag party.
5. Budapest Cheap beer, all night parties, strippers or tank driving, Buda and Pest, the city of two halves has everything you could possibly want on a good value stag do.
Get the best cheap stag do from the expert team today at Purple Travel.
For the hen
1. Magaluf Oh come on! Magaluf or Shagaluf is the ultimate last hurrah to single life. 24 hour partying, knocking back cocktails, great cheap hotels, buckets of sunshine and lots of like minded people. A cheap hen party in Magaluf is our top choice for summer 2013.
2. Albufeira, a sunshine favourite, Albufeira, is a quick transfer from Faro airport and has a strip over a mile long of the most wicked clubs and bars with cheap drinks, dancing music and hot guys. In the daytime you could head for the famous beachfront to recover and get ready for more.
3. Ibiza C’mon, is there a more ultimate party destination than Ibiza? All night dancing in some of the best clubs in the world, we’re talking Pacha, Space or Amnesia. For the indie hen there’s a nice alternative in Ibiza Rocks. The beaches are the ultimate balm for the morning after the night before and there are great value hotels or apartments all over.
4. Amsterdam Away from the Red Light bits that keep all stag parties interested, Amsterdam is actually a great city. It’s only a short flight away, you can grab a bike to discover the city by day, head for a cafe in the early evening and kick off your night out with a pole dancing lesson, or cocktail making class.
5. Barcelona who wants a rainy spa weekend in the Lake district, when you could go all out in the bars, clubs and beaches of Catalonia’s favourite city. Stock up on tapas, soak up sangria by the jug and get up close and personal with all those sexy Spanish men.
Get the best cheap hen do from the expert team today at Purple Travel.
As with most things, holidays are something best enjoyed with good company. After all, few people haven’t dreamt of packing up their things, taking their mates along and embarking on a holiday that will make history. Nonetheless, most of times group holidays seem to be a daunting prospect. Be it the fact that most people have to worry about day jobs and paying their rent, life seems to get in the way of the perfect group vacation more often than not. In case however, that you decide to go, another set of challenges might arise and in order to overcome these, you have to be prepared. Since we ‘re always about helping you with your holidays, we have gathered some of the best advice and suggestions of places to visit, in order to help you organise your perfect holiday without breaking your friends’ hearts, bones and of course the bank.
All inclusive or self-catered? This argument may go on forever and the more we start listing the pros and cons of each mode of travelling, the more confused we get. Shall I go on an all inclusive group holiday or a self catered one? Will I be happy having to follow a group around places I would normally avoid going to? Will I get ripped off if I choose to book, say, a self catered group holiday to Cancun instead of an all inclusive package? How can I make the most of my all inclusive group holiday to Lanzarote? Where should I go if I decide to travel within a group? All these questions and much more are going around our brain every time we think about this dilemma but the main problem persists. What shall we choose to do? In order to make our and your life easier, we have chosen to clarify some of the most frequently asked questions about the subject, drawing from our hard earned experience.
As with most holiday destinations, holidays to Greece can be a great experience especially if you keep certain things in mind. Being a tourist will most likely help you out of a difficult situation in most occasions, however you have to watch out for some common mistakes and be in the know for some of the best opportunities to indulge in the local culture.
All inclusive holidays in Algarve are amongst the greatest things in life. Fun, relaxing, engaging and budget friendly are a few of the characteristics that immediately jump into mind and this is no mean feat at all. The sunny southern coasts of Portugal offer a distinctly Mediterranean feel despite facing the Atlantic and this, along with the friendly vibe and great prices make up for some of the best short haul holiday destinations. In order to make thing simpler however, we have chosen to go with some of our favourites in order to give you an idea of where is what and what goes on in order to look before you book.