Anyone who has flown before usually has some tricks for staying comfortable and distracted, so we decided to put them all together in one handy place, so you can print them out and have the best flight ever! Combine this with the tips in our post on how to keep the little ones entertained, and you’ll be able to stay cool and collected from departure gate to the arrivals hall. As always, if you have any more, we’d love to hear them.
So, here goes, as always, we’d love to hear if you have anymore, just add your comment below.
Get comfy, think about wearing trousers with a dress over it. You can always whip off the trousers when you get to your sunshine destination. Linen pants are always a great comfy choice. Try and stash a cardigan in your bag, as it can get chilly in the air. For guys, a sweater you can tie around your waist is the best option.
- Drink plenty of water; it’s the only way to keep hydrated in the pressurised atmosphere of a plane. Steer clear of coffee or tea and stick to water to stay feeling tip-top!
- Reading material: always bring a couple of magazines or books with you and try to bring more than you think you’ll need. Inevitably there’s a little extra waiting around and there’s nothing worse than staring at the other passengers for excitement (unless that’s what you’re into!)
- Bring something to entertain yourself. A great choice is a tablet computer, like an ipad, on which you can watch movies, listen to music, or play games (all with the aid of headphones, so you don’t upset your neighbours!)
- Take a little stroll around the cabin; this is quite important especially on longer flights. There are some exercises you can do from your seat, but it’s hard to beat a walk around the cabin and a couple of stretches to make you feel a little better.
- Bring a toothbrush! It’s always nice to give yourself a quick refresh and cleanup before landing; it’ll help you feel better and is quite nice for anyone you’re meeting at the other side too.
- Don’t check the time! You can’t do anything to get to your destination faster and it will only make you feel a bit frustrated.