The island of Ibiza is famed for its sunny settings, vibrant nightlife and wonderful azure blue waters. However when beaches are concerned things might get a bit complicated as the island has some of the most amazing beaches we have ever seen thus making it very difficult to present only 5 of those! Not all beaches in Ibiza are created equal so in this guide we offer you 5 of the most representative types of beaches according to our experience in order to party it up, live it up, meditate or just relax under the warm Mediterranean sun with your family!
As most visitors will attest, Ibiza is the sunny clubbing capital of Europe. However as flocks of tourists swarm on the island during high season it isn’t exactly the cheapest place to be. The megaclubs and activities on offer are various and far beyond and you can blow remarkable budgets away without even noticing. That is if you don’t have a plan! How to have cheap holidays in Ibiza you say? The solutions are numerous and besides getting sponsored or robbing a bank, we give you the 5+1 top sun baked and proven ways to live the party your way without becoming totally broke!
Plan an incredible summer holiday around a festival and get more bang for your buck. Read our Purple tips about the best music festivals 2014 and don’t miss out. If you’ve got any more suggestions for the best music festivals 2014, hit us up in the comments below.
Meadows in the Mountains Pic via @ Facebook
Best Music Festivals 2014 – April
Altitude Comedy Festival – Austria
When: 31 Marcy – 4 April 2014
Where: Mayrhofen, Austria
What is it: In the same awesome venue as the Snowbombing festival, this is all about comedy. Lots of beginner slopes as well as black runs and great apres-ski, this is two holidays in one!
Who: Pub Landlord Al Murray, John Murray, Tommy Tiernan, Andrew Maxwell and Craig Campbell.
Price: Depending on your arrival date from £188.
Snowbombing – Austria
When: 7-12 April 2014
Where: Up in the snowy mountains of Mayrhofen, Austria
What is it: A mix of partying and piste, where winter sports meets hedonistic highs.
Who: The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers DJ set, Four Tet, Tom Odell, Foxes.
Price: From £219 including accommodation.
Best Music Festivals 2014 – May
Primavera Sound – Barcelona
When: 29-31 May 2014
Where: Parc Del Forum, Barcelona, Spain.
What is it: A huge lineup of some of the best acts in the world today will play in the sunshine at Primavera’s outdoor stages showcasing Barcelona as a great music-lead city.
Who: The National, Arcade Fire, Pixies, Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, Haim, Metronomy, Foals and Chrvches.
Best Music Festivals 2014 – June
Sonar pic via @ Facebook
Ibiza Rocks and Mallorca Rocks – Balearic Islands
When: All summer long! Starting on June 4 2014.
What is it: A full on summer festival experience without the mud.
Who: Haim, The 1975, John Newman, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle Club, Ed Sheeran and Tinie Tampah.
Price: From £75
Pinkpop – Netherlands
When: 7 – 9 June 2014
Where: Landgraaf, Netherlands
What is it: The 45th year of Pinkpop, this is one of the oldest in the world and draws huge names from all over the world.
Who: Arcade Fire, Metallica, Editors, Mastodon and Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters.
Price: Tickets for Pinkpop will be released on 15th March 2014
There are so many festivals these days that Purple Travel just had to help and show you the best festivals going on this year and we’ve picked Ibiza Rocks as one of our best for 2014. Irresistible HAIM or indie The 1975, what’s it gonna be? Well, why not both? Our favourite Ibiza Rocks has just announced its stunning line up for June 2014. So, get ready for the frenziest of festivals opening parties in the Rocks’ history!
The so-hip-it-hurts girl band HAIM from California is performing at Ibiza Rocks 2014 on 4th June and the crowd will get the chance to shake up with the sound of the band’s debut album “Days Are Gone”. These amazing girls are the winners of BBC Sound of 2013 and have already shared the scene with Florence & The Machine and Mumford & Sons. Anticipation is reaching fever pitch!
A week after, June 11th – same place, Mancunian group The 1975 will make music bunnies go bananas, playing their addictive indie pop hits Chocolate, The City and Sex out loud! Stay tuned to the Purple Travel blog for more Festival 2014 lineups soon. Don’t put it off, book you summer 2014 holiday to Ibiza with Purple Travel for the best deal!
Well, there are certain pros in booking your holiday early and that’s for sure! First of all, you definitely get the lowest prices possible. Secondly, you can take advantage of a huge range of offers, meaning that you get the best choice, and of course secure your holiday for a deposit. Last but not least, you always have something to look forward to. So, sit back, relax and book cheap 2014 holidays now with Purple Travel.
Image via @ Jaideep Khemani
Grab a deal now for Dubai and get ready to soak up stunning weather, high tea in the Burj Khalifa and the jaw-dropping shopping. There are excellent cheap 2014 holidays to Dubai if you’re ready to splash your cash now.
Image via @ victoriapeckham
Find out where to let loose, let your hair down and go wild in our Purple 10 World’s Best Party Towns. If we’re missing something, head for the comments and let us know what it is and why.
- Phuket, Thailand. Thanks to its ‘anything goes’ reputation, Phuket has become a must-stop destination on the backpacker trail. There are cabaret shows, go go bars, Thai boxing and plenty more. Just remember: what happens in Phuket stays in Phuket! Madness level: 8.9.
- Las Vegas, USA. Strippers, gambling and a getting totally wasted. No wonder The Hangover was filmed in Las Vegas. If you want to go to crazy partying, this is a city that will go crazy with you. Madness level: 8.
- Barcelona, Spain. Get off the famous avenue Las Ramblas and head for the late night parties in the north of the city that don’t start ’til 1am. Stick with the locals who’ll guide you the best clubs of your life. Madness level: 7.1.
- Berlin, Germany. Seriously, Berlin is mad. If you’re committed to partying like a maniac, then the hipster capital of the world has leather themed clubs, converted warehouses made for industrial nights out and everything in between. Madness level: 7.8.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If you’ve recently won the lottery you might want to head for the gold plated chic of Dubai’s clubs and bars. The city is packed with champagne serving waiters, beautiful people and the most decadent of party experiences. Madness level: 5.9.
- Thessaloniki, Greece. Not the most famous, but one of the best on mainland Greece for nightlife, Thessaloniki’s a student city that offers great nightlife all year round, not just in the heady summer months. And, it’s no distance really from the UK. Madness level: 7.1.
- Miami, USA. Go to South Beach, relax in plush lounges or party in your bikini for hours on end. The clubs that line Miami’s art-deco streets are made for blinged out clubbing. Just beware: it can add up! Madness level: 8.6.
- Ibiza, Spain. It wouldn’t be much of a list of party cities if Ibiza wasn’t included. Despite the high price of drinks and clubs, party animals flock to the island and for party people, it’s a must visit at least once in your life. There are beach parties all day, and the best DJs in the world all night. Madness level: 6.9.
- Albufeira, Portugal. Thanks to its dedicated strip of bars and clubs, there are cheap drinks, all night dancing and loads of places to stay boozing all night, Albufeira’s a good, handy choice from the UK for epic partying. Also makes for a great stag or hen do. Madness level: 8.3.
- Prague, Czech Republic. Although not quite as cheap as it once was, the free flowing beer of Prague make it a consistently good choice. There are bars, pubs, locals, clubs, kiosks and restaurants, basically anything where you can buy beer they have it. Get detoxed now, so you’ll be ready. Madness level: 8.0.
You should read… Purple 10 budget stag and hen dos
To find out more about flights and hotels in the worlds best party towns, talk to the expert team at Purple Travel on 0207 993 9228.
If there’s a beach bar or cocktail that you’ve been raving about, share it with us in the comments section below! Enjoy our tips for the best summer cocktails and where you can enjoy them.
1. Tiki Beach Cocktail & Music Bar, Benidorm Busy AND fantastic and slap, bang on the boulevard of the Levante Beach in Benidorm. Have a cool and sophisticated Sangria on its sunny terrace and soak up as much Spanish sunshine as you can.
Image via @ Bastien
2. Azul Lounge, Tulum, Mexico Tequila, lime and a beautiful view. Where else to enjoy this lovely summer drink than in Riviera Maya’s own Azul Lounge in Tulum.
Margarita via @ mnapoleon
3. Daiquiri Palace, Magaluf Enjoy a delicious Daiquiri in a variety of flavours in the Daiquiri Palace in legendary Magaluf to get ahead for a brilliant night out in some of its famous clubs.
Image via @ The Hungry Australian
4. Blue Marlin, Ibiza This could just be the best Mojito of your life, (apart from actually visiting Cuba) on this amazing beach bar on Cala Jonda. It comes with a pretty decent sunset too.
Image via @ Wikicommons
5. Little Ochie, Manchester, Jamaica Perfect if you fancy indulging in some great seafood, this ramshackle little bar offers a true taste of local life, with plenty of great fish on the side. Enjoy some epic food with a Big Bamboo or a Dirty Banana.
Image via @ David Berkowitz
6. Cavalieri Hotel, Corfu Climb up to the top floor of this town-house styled hotel and get a look in at the exceptional roof garden, where delicious cocktails are served. Try a sophisticated Barbecue Bourbon Bloody Mary with a view of the Old Fortress.
Image via @ kthread
7. Lighthouse Beach Bar, Paphos Situated along Lighthouse Beach in Paphos, the Lighthouse Beach Bar is the best place to chill out with a mouthwatering Zombie cocktail.
Image via @ Stewart
8. Hula Hula Beach Bar, Hvar, Croatia Enjoy a pina colada in the footsteps of Beyonce and Jay-Z, apparently they’ve been seen stopping at the Hula Hula Bar and indulging in a drink or two. If it’s good enough for them…
Pina Colada via @ Advencap
Stop what you’re doing. We’ve got your summer holiday sorted right now. News giant CNN has just released it’s 100 best beaches… in the world. Nice right? You’re telling us.
Grande Anse Beach, on La Digue Island, Seychelles takes the top spot, thanks to its secluded, hard-to-get to location. But they’ve also included a few that are easy to get to. Here’s our pick of not-quite-out-of-the-way beaches that are realistic options for next summer.
Image via @ Titanas
Falassarna Beach, Crete, Greece Crete, one of the most popular resorts from the UK, has Falassarna Beach, with an endless stretch of sand, and the biggest party on the island held on the first Saturday of each month. It’s at #100 on the list of World’s Best Beaches.
Paradise Beach, Croatia via @ Wikicommons
Paradise Beach, Rab, Croatia Apparently the birthplace of skinny-dipping, Paradise Beach in Rab, Croatia is at #90 in the list.
La Concha beach via @ Javi S & M
La Concha, Spain Lined with a wealth of tapas bars, cafes and restaurants, La Concha is the perfect city beach, as the sea is absolutely worth a dip. Hits at #82.
Las Salinas via @ sky_hlv
Las Salinas, Ibiza, Spain Only two Spanish beaches make the list, the second on in Ibiza, where Las Salinas is where most of the partying takes place. It makes #81.
Balos Beach via @ cabrito
Balos Beach, Greece Another Cretan choice, at #35 Balos Beach is all about colours – turquoise, blue and pinks, it even has a secret cave that’s worth exploring.
Image via @ Jaded_j
Navagio Beach, Greece Maybe the most famous beach in all of Greece, Navagio where an old smugglers ship has washed up, can only be visited by water taxi, and it’s well worth the trip. It’s at #32.
Also on the blog… 5 Brilliant Beach Bars in Greece
Image via @ Kelvyn Skee
Luskentyre Beach, Outer Hebrides Who would have thought a Scottish Beach would beat competition from the likes of Greece, the Caribbean and Spain? Well, that’s exactly what’s happened with Luskentyre Beach in the Outer Hebrides. Perfect for hiking and fresh air, you won’t get a tan at #16 but it is very beautiful.
Tulum Beach, Mexico Mexico’s Tulum beach makes it much further up the list at #12. Famed for its breathaking golden sands, perfect turquoise water and the historic Yucatan cenotes.
Fancy a summer holiday rocking out where Tulisa spends her birthday parties and where Jessie J likes to top up her tan? Head for the fabulous Ibiza Rocks and Mallorca Rocks hotels. Packed with the best in summer gigs, both in great locations and bathed in buckets of sunshine, make 2013 the year you pack your Ray-Bans and bikini and head off for a holiday you’ll never forget.
Ibiza Rocks via @ flurdy
Made up of three hotels, two hostels, two bars with its own fashion label and a whopper list of headline music acts in the sunshine, you’d be crazy to miss out on Ibiza Rocks in summer 2013. Stemming from slightly more humble (!) beginnings in 2005 in one of Ibiza’s most legendary club nights, Manumission, Ibiza Rocks has grown to become one of the must-see gigs of the summer. Drawing the likes of The Prodigy, Florence and the Machine, the Specials and LCD Soundsystem to its poolside stage in San Antonio, Ibiza Rocks really knows how to pack them in. There is 17 weeks worth of Rocks gigs in each hotel over the summer, every Wednesday night. Since last year, there’s an added DJ led night every Friday with the best in electro acts taking to the stage.
Ibiza Rocks Lineup June highlights: Rizzle Kicks and The Vaccines. July highlights: W.A.R! with Example & DJ Wire, Ibiza Rocks 8th Birthday Party with Special Guests. September Highlights: Franz Ferdinand, Closing Party with Foals.
Read more: Purple 10 European Cities to Party In
The little brother to the Ibiza Rocks gig nights, Mallorca Rocks in Magaluf is going from strength to strength. It’s become one of the must see gigs of the summer. Not only will you find weekly parties, but one of the best clubs on the planet: BCM is right on your doorstep, Magaluf beach is a stone’s throw away and the Magaluf Strip is where to go to indulge in all sorts of “i’m on holiday” behaviour! Throw in Western Water Park a five minute ride away and you have all you need for a week of partying and debauchery.
Mallorca Rocks Lineup June highlights: Opening Party with Jake Bugg, The Vaccines. July highlights: Tinie Tempah, Example & DJ Wire. August Highlights: Katy B, Ellie Goulding, Dizzee Rascal.
No money? No problems! The dedicated stag and hen party team at Purple Travel is waiting to organise the most amazing send off for you and your mates. We’re talking cheap and cheerful not diamonds and champagne. So if you’re about to excuse yourself from single life, or you know someone who is, check out our cheap summer stag and hen dos.
The best cheap summer stag dos
Ibiza (Average summer temps 22-27)
Sun, sea and birds. Could there be a more perfect sunshine stag holiday destination than the beaches of Ibiza? Not only is the weather great, but a cheap stag holiday in San Antonio means you probably won’t be sober for more than a minute. Hop on a booze cruise; get VIP treatment in some of the top clubs on the island, beat the house with a high rollers party, or head for the strip clubs to get an eyeful of those hot Spanish girls.
Albufeira (Average summer temps 18-25)
Albufeira is a really affordable stag holiday option. There are plenty of flights and loads of accommodation options, so all you need to do is think about exactly how you want to spend the best stag ever. We suggest starting off with a day of speed boating or hop on a pirate cruise, this’ll be good fun for you and the lads before the big night out. Hit the legendary bar street, where you’re likely to get free shots before finishing the night in a top strip club. It’s hard to argue with that.
Amsterdam (Average summer temps 18-20)
2013 is a big year for Amsterdam with all sorts of extra stuff happening throughout the city. By that we mean museums, the zoo and loads of concerts. Of course, for a stag, it’s a good cover for all the horse play you’re planning in the background. Our stag parties in Amsterdam are dedicated to all things debauchery. From seeing the city by beer bicycle, to Red Light Tours, it’s absolutely the best of both worlds.
Speak with Jack from Purple Travel to find out the best stag do to suit you and your budget. Call 0125 241 8614 today!
The best cheap summer hen dos
San Antonio (Average summer temps 22-27)
Ibiza’s party capital San Antonio is one of our top choices for you and your girls to get pampered before getting stuck into as many cocktails as you can. On top of that, blazing sunshine is ready to give you a golden glow ahead of your big day, and nothing soothes a hangover like a long lie down on the sand and a dip in the sea. Go for broke and treat yourself and your hens to a speedboat party, or you could always go for the old fashioned banana boat option. Then it’s off for the ultimate club crawl, just remember: what happens in San Antonio stays in San Antonio.
Magaluf (Average summer temps 21-25)
Come on, everyone knows its other name: Shagaluf! Enjoy your last few nights of freedom with the hottest party ever. There are so many nightlife options you could practically call it the pub and club capital of Spain. Get some lap dancing lessons or spend your days downing cocktails at the beach. By night the place is buzzing. Grab yourself a guided bar crawl and VIP entry to the best clubs in town.
Barcelona (Average summer temps 23-28)
Combine city break with city beach and you have all the elements for a brilliant cheap hen do just a few hours from the UK. By day you can soak up the sunshine on Barcelona beach, or if some of your girls want to explore there are amazing landmarks such as the Sagrada Familia or Tibidabo. Then by night you can all regroup go for dinner, have a vajazzle party (yes, it’s a thing) and head for a guided pub crawl of the best bars in town.
Speak with Vicky from PurpleTravel.co.uk to find out the best hen do to suit you and your budget. Call 0125 241 8614 today!