Christmas time around the world is celebrated according to local traditions and every family has their own little quirks. For many though, what makes it really special is the Christmas Food! When families take their seats for Christmas dinner, they feast their eyes on a variety of mouthwatering favourites. In our house it includes Spiced beef! Every house is different though, so we’ve taken a look at some Christmas food favourites from all over the world… Share yours in comments below!
1. Germany – Roast goose with red cabbage. Simple, but carefully arranged (as always!) the Christmas table in Germany combines the meat with vegetables and of course potatoes, a Germans’ favourite!
PurpleTravel.co.uk wants to find you a cheap holiday that you’ll never forget. Check out our top 10 best free attractions in the world before you decide on your next break away.
1. Kensington High Street Roof Gardens, London – It’s the biggest roof garden in Europe and is home to three different themed gardens, Spanish, Tudor style, English garden. What’s not to like? Image via @ Arripay
2. Park Guell, Barcelona – The lively Catalan city’s park is a feast for the eyes, with coloured lizards, tiled walkways and Gaudi’s inimitable style everywhere to see.
4. St Peter’s Basilica, The Vatican – The symbol of the Pope and one of the holiest sites for Catholics across the world, St Peter’s is also home to some of the most breathtaking collections of art in the world with works by Michealangelo. Image via @ RandyOHC.
5. Smithsonian, WashingtonDC – The biggest museum complex in the world, this is a whopper – with 19 museums, a National Zoo and nine research centres. Image via @ Wikicommons.
6. USCapitol, WashingtonDC – Visitors can wander around the impressive outdoor area of the Capitol and admire the iconic façade of the building. Image via @ Wikicommons.
7. NotreDameCathedral, Paris – One of the most well known buildings in the world, Notre Dame Cathedral is a miracle of architecture right in the centre of Paris. Image via @ Wikicommons.
8. The Grand Bazaar, Istanbul – It’s one of the biggest covered bazaars in the world with 58 alleys and more than 4.000 shops. That’s definitely where you’ll find a bargain! Image via @ Wikicommons.
9. Central Park, New York – Spring, summer, autumn or winter, Central Park is a delight for the senses, and an escape from the (sometimes) high prices of the Big Apple. Image via @ Wikicommons.
10. Symphony of Lights, Hong Kong – A huge light show offers a stunning backdrop to the city every single night. Grab a good place to watch it and soak up the colours, lasers and atmosphere. Image via @ Wikicommons.
Now that’s a view… Sticking out in a horseshoe shape over the huge sheer drop this might just make your stomach flip out through your mouth. Add a transparent floor to the mix and this one is only for the serious height lovers.
2. Istanbul skyline from the Bosphorus strait – Istanbul, Turkey
You might just recognise this Bay if you are a James Bond fan. This bay of stunning beauty set between the island of Phuket and the Thai mainland is dotted with hundreds of tall limestone formations that rise hundreds of feet from the sea.
5. Stegastein Lookout – Norway
An intense view any way you look at it, the House on the Rock offers solitary panoramic views where you can really get close to nature.
6. The Golden Gate Bridge from the Marin Headlands – San Francisco, USA
One of the most romantic cities in the world and one of the most romantic views. Don’t miss the thrilling panorama of Florence and the Arno valley offered from the unique viewpoint of Piazzale Michelangelo.
Get the best deal for cheap holidays in the most amazing places right now from Purple Travel. Call today on 0207 993 9228 for more.