Vacations are a matter of where you go, who you go with and of course what you plan on doing. From families, to couples and singles, holiday goals might vary widely and since choosing a destination often is the beginning of a trip, we wondered which places are more relevant to the World Sleep Day. Does your preferred destination set you in the mood for long naps by the beach, or staying up all night partying? Should you go Ibiza or Santorini? In order to figure out, we compared some of our favourite destinations and rated them on our dedicated sleep-o-meter.
The sunny, picturesque island of Majorca is not only famed for its beaches and seaside activities but its varied inland natural settings as well. Home to mountain ranges, unspoilt natural parks and pine forests, Majorca is like heaven in the Mediterranean. Being fans of exploring and hiking we couldn’t resist on hopping on our bicycle and pedaling our way through some of the best routes the island has to show. Grab your helmet, pack some water and make your holidays in Majorca a cycling experience to remember.
Lots have been said about the wonderful, sunny, Mediterranean island of Majorca and beside its stunning natural views and friendly weather, the events taking place each year make it more of a reason to visit! Despite if you are into sailing, golfing, classical or jazz music concerts and anything in between, holidays in Majorca are a grand occasion which will satisfy even the pickiest of travellers and music connoisseurs. Without further ado, here are some of the best events to keep an eye out if you decide to book your holidays in Majorca in 2016.
Home to stunning beaches, picturesque towns and villages along with magnificent weather throughout the most part of the year, Majorca is a holiday destination that attracts huge crowds. From families looking for an all inclusive holiday in Majorca to adventurers wanting to explore its stunning settings, the wide range of hotels and resorts on offer cater for anyone willing to escape to this Mediterranean paradise. In case that you plan on booking some fun all inclusive holidays in Majorca here are some of the best places to look at
The sunny and warm Mediterranean island of Majorca is famed for its white sand beaches, medieval landmarks and luxurious hotels, attracting a large number of tourists each year. Being a part of Spain though gives it the unavoidable and oh so tasty feat of also having a great cuisine! Since holidays in Majorca never last long enough, we have compiled 5 of the essential local dishes and produce that you absolutely have to try when you visit! Most of the treats on offer can also be brought back home for refreshing your memory of your holidays in Majorca! Read More
I hear you say why would I want to spend my Christmas in a summer destination? Well the truth behind the answer is why not? The cosmopolitan island of Majorca is a vibrant place all year round with plenty of things to see and do. The sun is mostly shining, the beaches are less crowded than ever and the activities and booking fees relatively cheap, so book your Christmas holiday in Majorca and enjoy the pleasant weather and festivities away from the overcrowded shopping malls and chilly winds back home. Read More
Ever wondered where the word ‘Spain’ comes from? Or how about how many miles of beaches there are in Spain? Let us help you out with our 16 excellent holiday facts about Spain.
#1 Let’s start with one of our favourite facts about Spain. It is the most popular holiday destination for Brits, (it was in 2013) with Majorca, Malaga, Tenerife and Costa del Sol holidays ranking highly. Purple Travel’s most popular Spain holidays included Ibiza, Alicante and Palma de Mallorca as well as city breaks in Barcelona.
#2. Some of the most famous names in the world hail from Spanish shores. Actors Javier Bardem (Gran Canaria),Penelope Cruz (Madrid) and Antonio Banderas (Malaga) and sports stars like tennis player Rafael Nadal (Majorca), Andres Iniesta (Castilla-La Mancha) and Fernando Torres (Madrid) are just a selection of the famous faces hailing from Spanish shores.
#3. The word for ‘Spain’ is said to come from ‘Hispania’, which roughly translates to Island of Rabbits. So if you see some bunnies, don’t be too surprised.
Plan an incredible summer holiday around a festival and get more bang for your buck. Read our Purple tips about the best music festivals 2014 and don’t miss out. If you’ve got any more suggestions for the best music festivals 2014, hit us up in the comments below.
Altitude Comedy Festival – Austria When: 31 Marcy – 4 April 2014 Where: Mayrhofen, Austria What is it: In the same awesome venue as the Snowbombing festival, this is all about comedy. Lots of beginner slopes as well as black runs and great apres-ski, this is two holidays in one! Who: Pub Landlord Al Murray, John Murray, Tommy Tiernan, Andrew Maxwell and Craig Campbell. Price: Depending on your arrival date from £188.
Snowbombing – Austria When: 7-12 April 2014 Where: Up in the snowy mountains of Mayrhofen, Austria What is it: A mix of partying and piste, where winter sports meets hedonistic highs. Who: The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers DJ set, Four Tet, Tom Odell, Foxes. Price: From £219 including accommodation.
Best Music Festivals 2014 – May
Primavera Sound – Barcelona When: 29-31 May 2014 Where: Parc Del Forum, Barcelona, Spain. What is it: A huge lineup of some of the best acts in the world today will play in the sunshine at Primavera’s outdoor stages showcasing Barcelona as a great music-lead city. Who: The National, Arcade Fire, Pixies, Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, Haim, Metronomy, Foals and Chrvches. Price: €175
Ibiza Rocks and Mallorca Rocks – Balearic Islands When: All summer long! Starting on June 4 2014. Where: Ibiza/Majorca What is it: A full on summer festival experience without the mud. Who: Haim, The 1975, John Newman, Bastille, Bombay Bicycle Club, Ed Sheeran and Tinie Tampah. Price: From £75
Pinkpop – Netherlands When: 7 – 9 June 2014 Where: Landgraaf, Netherlands What is it: The 45th year of Pinkpop, this is one of the oldest in the world and draws huge names from all over the world. Who: Arcade Fire, Metallica, Editors, Mastodon and Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters. Price: Tickets for Pinkpop will be released on 15th March 2014
If it is sun-soaked beers on the beach, boozing up on a city break, or shaking your booty all night long, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for with our Purple Travel top 10 Clubbing holidays 2014.
1. Ibiza When it comes to clubbing holidays, Ibiza is like a wise, old friend. It has them down to perfection. Boozing, dancing, beach parties and Ibiza clubbing holidays offer instant gratification. Head to Space, Amnesia and Manumission by night. By day, go straight from the club to Bora Bora, where you can keep your party spirit going.
2. Ayia Napa, Cyprus Nissi Beach in Ayia Napa is easily the most famous party location on the island. With soft, white sand, all night parties, booze, bikinis and the biggest name DJs, it ticks every best clubbing holiday 2014 box.
3. Sharm el Sheikh A night out in the Red Sea Resort usually includes shisha smoking, trendy lounges, cocktails and dancing all night. Basically anything can happen during clubbing holidays in Egypt. Head for Little Buddha in Naama Bay, famous for its cocktails and coolness.
4. Kavos, Corfu This one hardly needs an introduction, we’ve all seen that TV show. Kavos is possibly the most famous, craziest and hedonistic party town in Greece… maybe in the entire world, we reckon it could certainly rival Vegas in terms of debauchery. There are hundreds of bars and clubs where you can go shake your glow sticks all night long.
5. Barcelona Barcelona’s a cheap and cheerful choice for clubbing holidays 2014. There are tonnes of flights that’ll have you over in BCN and ready to party in no time. And thanks to the all-night attitude of the Spanish, there’ll be plenty of time to pub crawl, party and soak up the atmosphere. Head for the Ravel area for cool bars, hip restaurants and Barcelona’s cool kids.
6. Laganas, Zante The town on the Greek Island is practically world renowned for the antics of visitors every year. The so-called Golden Mile has a choice of bars and clubs with the likes of fire breathing bartenders, bartop dancing and an ‘anything goes’ attitude. Amnesia and Medousa are hot ticket clubs for 2014.
7. Prague, Czech Republic The gorgeous city of Prague is ideal for couples looking for clubbing ideas combined with a little culture too (!) There is a very hot underground scene with whiskey bars, cocktail lounges and all night DJs. Of course no trip to Prague is complete without knocking back a couple of pints of local ale. That’s the cure for the morning after the night before.
8. Magaluf, Majorca For cheap clubbing holidays 2014, Magaluf is a complete no brainer. There are serious dance nights, cheesey 80s bars, and Europe’s biggest club, BCM. It is home to some of the best party venues in Europe and has become an epic hen and stag do destination. If you go, get your hands on a Magaluf Club Pass. It’s one ticket for five of the hottest clubs in town.
9. Malia, Crete Think 18-30 clubs, foam parties, dancing on tables, pure indulgence. Get some sleep now, because you certainly won’t get any on a clubbing holiday in Malia 2014.
10. Berlin, Germany 24 hour techno clubs, old buildings transformed into dance warehouses and quirky, weird and unusual nights out are what Berlin is famous for. No wonder you can head out at 4pm on a Thursday and not get home until Monday afternoon.
Fancy shaking your booty with the best clubbing holidays 2014? Then call our disco ball-lovin’ team on 02079939228 or visit our website.
There are so many festivals these days that Purple Travel just had to help and show you the best festivals going on this year and we’ve picked Ibiza Rocks as one of our best for 2014. Irresistible HAIM or indie The 1975, what’s it gonna be? Well, why not both? Our favourite Ibiza Rocks has just announced its stunning line up for June 2014. So, get ready for the frenziest of festivals opening parties in the Rocks’ history!
The so-hip-it-hurts girl band HAIM from California is performing at Ibiza Rocks 2014 on 4th June and the crowd will get the chance to shake up with the sound of the band’s debut album “Days Are Gone”. These amazing girls are the winners of BBC Sound of 2013 and have already shared the scene with Florence & The Machine and Mumford & Sons. Anticipation is reaching fever pitch!
A week after, June 11th – same place, Mancunian group The 1975 will make music bunnies go bananas, playing their addictive indie pop hits Chocolate, The City and Sex out loud! Stay tuned to the Purple Travel blog for more Festival 2014 lineups soon. Don’t put it off, book you summer 2014 holiday to Ibiza with Purple Travel for the best deal!